The Botswana Experience 2018
New addition to the tour,
I only take 4 people!
All tour guests will fly into Johannesburg and stay for the night. Next morning, your adventure begins as you fly out of South Africa for Chobe Bush lodge.
You will arrive in Kasane and be taken to Chobe Bush lodge. After checking in, you will get ready for afternoon private boat ride along Chobe River.
Cruise the river in search of hippo, elephants, crocs and a multitude of bird life , plus more! Relax in the evening at the gourmet buffet !
Morning half day game drive in a private jeep. Back for lunch, then an afternoon private boat ride down Chobe river for more wildlife spotting, other possible sightings include, fish eagles, kudu, buffalo, and more. Come back to the lodge to refresh and then we are off for a private boat dinner cruise!!
June 2nd -early departure for a guided full day of fun at Victoria falls! Along with a visit to the craft market!
June 3rd, --morning 1/2 day game drive safari, then back to the lodge for lunch and some time to relax before we head back out on the water for an afternoon of superb wildlife photography in our private boat.
A morning game drive before flying out to Gunns Camp in the Okavango Delta. Arrive at the camp, drop your luggage, have some tea and brunch and head out in a private boat exploring the waterways. Elephants, fish eagles, red lechwe, kingfishers, hippos and more await you. Spend sundown on the river with your favorite drink, then back to the lodge for dinner, then settle by the camp fire before retiring to bed.
Wake up with hot tea or coffee brought to your room. Then walk down the boardwalk to your breakfast. A stunning view of the delta will tease your senses as you await your activity. Either a private boat ride or a mokoro (your own private canoe) will be the choice of the morning. Back for lunch and relaxing. Afternoon tea will be followed by either a private boat or mokoro excursion. Along the way, you will see elephants, fish eagles, plenty of bird life, baboons, red lechwe, and hippos. Sun downers are spectacular out there.
Wake up with hot tea or coffee brought to your room. Then walk down the boardwalk to your breakfast, private boat ride for several hours depending on when our plane comes in.
Mid day - Fly to the new Moremi tented camp deep in the Okavango Delta, this is a new camp! After unpacking and a quick lunch, we head out for an afternoon game drive. The back to the camp for dinner
Early morning wake up call with coffee or tea/a quick breakfast and out with cameras loaded for a morning game drive in our private jeep. Back for lunch, then an afternoon game drive up until time for dinner.
Morning coffee/tea, breakfast then a game drive depending on when our plane is scheduled to pick us and take us back to Kasane, then a flight to Jo'berg
You can fly out late the night of the TBA or you can arrange a hotel room and leave in the morning.
This is a photographic tour and not a photographic workshop, you will need to have at least basic knowledge of your camera. The action goes down fast and even though I am helping with the settings, you have to know where things are on your camera.
Your fitness level should be that you can carry you own camera gear and be able to walk to your room or tent. You should be able to walk short distances with your gear on as well and get in and out of the jeeps and boats. You will have to climb up in the jeeps, a good balance and arm strength is required. I do talk and evaluate each guest before approving, as this is for photographers.
PLEASE READ: There is no smoking while out on the game drives, or perfume.
We call all our guests or meet with you in person if possible and evaluate your equipment and make recommendations on what you might want to rent to be able to achieve the images of a lifetime.
Please note, We reserve the right to decline your deposit if we feel you aren't able to meet the physical requirements of the trip!
Safety Information Our group will always have someone with us at all times. At no time will you be left on your own. All foods prepared by the lodges will be safe for you to eat. Travel insurance must be purchased before your travel date.
Price of per person sharing is TBA
No single supplement this time.
- Hotel the night of the in Johannesburg
- All lodging in Botswana
- All meals in Botswana
- All transportation while on the tour
- All private jeeps and boats
- Internal airfare between camps (from Chobe/ Gunn, and Moremi)
- Drinks, laundry, medical evacuation (Delta Camp only)
- Photographic help while on tour
- Phone calls/e mails/ lists/before you leave
- Help with shots/Visa's and travel insurance options
- Help in evaluating your photographic abilities and needs before travel
- Help with renting the right equipment if necessary
- All games drives in the parks
- All park entrance fees
- Knowledgeable and experienced tour guides
Not covered in the pricing
- Hotel stays in South Africa after the tour is over if you stay longer.
- Drinks and water with your meals/laundry/at Chobe Bush lodge only
- Tips for guides/porters/staff /hotel staff
- Travel insurance, Travel Visa's and shots
- Airfare to and from Johannesburg and Kasane.
There is a strict luggage allowance on the internal flights, if you bring too much luggage and gear, you will have to pay for an additional seat on the plane. We will advise you how to pack.
Itinerary for Botswana 2018
May 31st- June 8th 2018
- May 31st
- Arrive in Johannesburg anytime on the 19th. You will be staying at the Southern Sun OR for the night.
- June 1st , --fly to Kasane and check into Chobe Bush Lodge , in the afternoon, private boat ride for just us. Cruise the river in search of hippo, elephants, crocs and a multitude of bird life , plus more! Relax in the evening at the gourmet buffet !
- June 2nd- -early departure for a guided full day of fun at Victoria falls! Along with a visit to the craft market!
- June 3rd -Morning 1/2 game drive in a private jeep. Back for lunch, then an afternoon private boat ride down Chobe river for more wildlife spotting, other possible sightings include, fish eagles, kudu, buffalo, and more. Come back to the lodge to refresh and then we are off for a dinner cruise along the river!!
- June 4th - Have breakfast, then a private morning game drive before departing for the Okavango Delta, and arrive at Gunns Camp Afternoon private boat ride and then dinner.
- June 5th- Gunns camp, water activities and nature walks.
- June 6th -Gunns camp, early morning photography boat tour. Catch a plane for your next flight for the Moremi tented camp (new) and afternoon game drive.
- June 7th - early morning safari, back for lunch and out again in the afternoon in our own private jeep.
- June 8th- early morning game drive, length is depending on our departure time back to Kasane, then Jo'berg. You can fly back late in the night or arrange for a hotel room for the night and leave the next morning.
Botswana 2018 Itinerary
Please check your ego and your attitude at the gate before take off to tours. You can reclaim your baggage upon returning home, if you wish.