Exciting Alaska & African Wildlife Tours. Impressive Montana Wildlife Workshops!!!!!!! Just added, the migration in 2016!
Alaska/Africa/ & Montana. Wild Compass cares about the images you get on our tours! We are geared toward getting the most shooting time out of each day. If the action is happening and the light is right, then the clock stops, no drive by or rushed shooting. We only take a limited amount of people each tour to make sure that each person doesn't feel crowded or ignored. Our goal is that each photographer in the small groups that we take, gets the images of a lifetime along with the experience. It is not about just what you are shooting but where you are shooting! Location!
The groups are kept small for a more unique experience!!! Private boats, best guides with knowledge of photography and light, and lodging are all included in the price.
In Juneau, there will be towering mountains with hanging glaciers as your back drop.
In Kodiak, seclusion and remote are just what the photographer ordered!
For those who don't mind a bit of snow polar bears and possibly northern lights, must further north Alaska!
In Kenya, we give our guests several different experience, we start off with a visit to The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to not only visit the orphan elephants, but to understand what the trust is doing to help, and what can you do to help. We also visit, Samburu, Lake Nakuru, and Ol Pejeta Conservancy and the crown jewel of Kenya, Maasai Mara. We are now adding migration packages for 2016. Now added, the migration!
In Montana, Glacier National Park is just around the corner! We gear our tours toward budget minded photographers or adventurers, who would rather spend their time shooting than sitting in luxury accommodations.
One of a Kind Photographic Experience
Traffic jam, African style
Our tours are days instead of hours. All of our bear guests will spend hours out with the bears each day and into the evening. Whale tour guests will spend several days with the whales, while watching soaring eagles, and glistening icebergs float by. Our tours are open to both photographers and observers, for those of you who just want to watch and experience the wildlife. To ensure that our guests will have the photographs or experiences of a lifetime, we only take 4 people on the whale and brown bear tour. The polar bear tour takes 4 and Africa is limited to 7 and 9. To get up close and not so personal with the biggest of the bears and capture the splendor of the majestic humpback, experience Africa first hand, book with us at Wild Compass Photographic Adventure Tours!
Take an early morning boat ride to visit the playful polar bears.
Early morning light for our workshops
We have several phone conversations or meetings with each client to assess their photography level and equipment. We will make recommendations based on your level of skill for what camera equipment would be best suited for you to achieve the best images.
For Africa, we advise on Visas/shots/travel. We also have a booking agent for airfare and recommendations for travel insurance.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW REVIEWS PAGE!!
It is under the Tours heading
Aurora from the Polar Bear Experience.
Wild Compass Photo Adventure Tour
- Photographer Shayne McGuire has hand picked the guides for each tour:
Captain Kevin, a 17 year seafaring veteran makes sure to try and get the boat into position for the best lighting.
- For Africa, we have the best drivers and guide available. They are knowledgeable about the game, locations and will find you the best shots!
- For Kodiak, we stay at a remote lodge, with David and his family. Fresh salmon, crab for dinner, along with a stunning view of the setting sun on the water!
- With Wild Compass Tours, the clock doesn't stop if the shooting is good! If it's time to head back to camp, yet, there is still activity going on, we stay, as long as weather permits.
- Shayne is there to help with cameras, equipment, and all photographic aspects. Nightly review of some images is also available for those who require additional help.
- All of our guests receive a personal phone call to evaluate your photographic experience and needs.
- We want you to come back with the images of a lifetime. Sometimes, this requires patience.
- Some of our tours require you have some knowledge of your camera. The tours are for people with some photographic experience. The workshops are for all levels of photography. Please understand that sometimes, the action goes down fast.