Our Slot Canyon/Desert Textures Tour
The First Day
In order to insure that everyone on the tour has room to shoot and receives the hands on help that they need, the Slot Tour is limited to 4 people each session.
All tour guests arrive into Page, AZ the by mid day of the start of the tour. I will provide you with the name of the hotel you should stay with. Transportation and hotels plus some meals are not included in the pricing. Lunches are included on the tours.
We will be transported to the canyons and textures by a guide. Our guide holds the permits to the canyons that are not open to the public. We will be the only people in some of the slot canyons!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE NOTE....This Tour is designed for intermediate and above photographers only. This is not a workshop for for beginners. I will help you with settings, but you must have some knowledge of your camera. This cost covers your Navajo permits, your guide and your lunches and my help. It does not cover your lodging or travel up to the starting point. You will need and use a tripod, please understand how to operate one before hand. You will need a backpack for your equipment, and good hiking shoes.
YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO HIKE AND TO CARRY YOUR GEAR! One of the canyons is a "need hands free coming down hill and uphill scramble". It is not for someone with physical limitations. One place we visit is a mile walk through the desert. If you have any questions on these guide lines, please contact us. But you must have knowledge of your camera for this tour!
The weather can play a big part in what we can photograph. The slots colors work best in bright sunlight. They don't glow on overcast days. If it rains, we can not go down into the canyons.
You will be in the desert during the winter time, please dress in layers and have good hiking boots. My guide tells us when and where we can go. If the weather turns bad and we can't photograph, you won't pay for the days we didn't shoot.
Slot Canyon/Desert Textures TOUR PRICES
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS!
Cost will be $705.00 for 2 days of shooting.
- 2 days of guided tours.
- Lunches on tour days.
- Transportation to and from the hotel to the canyons and textures
- Camera settings/exposures/ect
- Navajo permits and entrance fees
Not covered in the pricing
- Hotel stay in Page.
- Travel to and from Page.
- Meals other than the tour lunches
Itinerary for Slot Canyons/Desert Textures 2013
Oct 4th -6th IS FULL!
- Oct 4th
- You will arrive sometime in the afternoon to Page, AZ. Transportation and hotels are not included in the price. In the late afternoon, we will hike up to Horseshoe Bend to photograph the sunset. NEW!!!! After the sunset, we will stay at the bend and do night photography!
- Oct 5th
- Early morning p/u at hotel and head out for sunrise shots!!! Then we head off to Canyon X. And unlike most slot canyons that are open to the public, this one is not. We will spend the morning photographing the upper and lower portions of this canyon. We will have lunch ( included) then we will head out to the wavy fins for some of the most spectacular desert lighting. If the skies are clear, we will indulge in a bit of night photography, away from the city lights. Lunch will be provided during the tour.
- Oct 6th
- Early morning tour through Lower Antelope Slot Canyon We have a noon spot in upper Antelope, but if the crowds are too thick, we will not go in. Too many people at one time are now allowed in the Upper and Lower slots, and the crowds make it very hard to do any quality photography.
- We head home the afternoon of Oct 6th.
- You will begin the drive back home. Be sure and pass through Zion National Park, even if you have seen it before, you never know what you might have missed.