Exciting Alaska & African Wildlife Tours. Impressive Montana Wildlife Workshops!!!!!!!
Newly Added, Norway and Northern lights and orca in 2017!
Alaska/Africa/ & Montana. Wild Compass cares about the images you get on our tours! We are geared toward getting the most shooting time out of each day. If the action is happening and the light is right, then the clock stops, no drive by or rushed shooting. We only take a limited amount of people each tour to make sure that each person doesn't feel crowded or ignored. Our goal is that each photographer in the small groups that we take, gets the images of a lifetime along with the experience. It is not about just what you are shooting but where you are shooting! Location!
The groups are kept small for a more unique experience!!! Private boats, best guides with knowledge of photography and light, and lodging are all included in the price.
In Juneau, there will be towering mountains with hanging glaciers as your back drop.
In Kodiak, seclusion and remote are just what the photographer ordered!
For those who don't mind a bit of snow, polar bears and possibly northern lights, we go further north in Alaska!
In Kenya, we give our guests several different experience, we start off with a visit to The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to not only visit the orphan elephants, but to understand what the trust is doing to help, and what can you do to help. We also visit, Lake Nakuru, and Ol Pejeta Conservancy and the crown jewel of Kenya, Maasai Mara. The Migration Aug. is a newly added tour that was outstanding this year!
Newly added this year The Botswana Experience
Birds of prey from our Montana workshops!
In Montana, Glacier National Park is just around the corner! We gear our tours toward budget minded photographers or adventurers, who would rather spend their time shooting than sitting in luxury accommodations.
Our new Senja Norway experience, gives you a remote fishing village in Norway, northern lights, orca, humpback, fin whales, reindeer and some of the most outstanding scenery.
One of a Kind Photographic Experience
Traffic jam, African style
Our tours are days instead of hours. All of our bear guests will spend hours out with the bears each day and into the evening. Whale tour guests will spend several days with the whales, while watching soaring eagles, and glistening icebergs float by. Our tours are open to both photographers and observers, for those of you who just want to watch and experience the wildlife. To ensure that our guests will have the photographs or experiences of a lifetime, we only take 4 people on the whale and brown bear tour. The polar bear tour takes 4 and Kenya is limited to 6. Botswana 4 guests only. To get up close and not so personal with the biggest of the bears and capture the splendor of the majestic humpback, experience Africa first hand, book with us at Wild Compass Photographic Adventure Tours!
Take an early morning boat ride to visit the playful polar bears.
Early morning light for our workshops
We have several phone conversations or meetings with each client to assess their photography level and equipment. We will make recommendations based on your level of skill for what camera equipment would be best suited for you to achieve the best images.
For Africa, we advise on Visas/shots/travel. We also have a booking agent for airfare and recommendations for travel insurance.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW REVIEWS PAGE!!
It is under the Tours heading
Aurora from the Polar Bear Experience.
Wild Compass Photo Adventure Tour
- Photographer Shayne McGuire wants to make sure you get the images of a lifetime. The locations are scouted before offering tours there. So you have a knowledgeable instructor with experience.
- Shayne makes sure you get the most out of your tour experience and is passionate you go home with the images of a lifetime.
- All tour guests are e mailed regarding recommended gear, what to pack, clothing needed, Visa/shots to travel, what to expect.
- With Wild Compass Tours, the clock doesn't always stop if the shooting is good! If it's time to head back to camp, yet, there is still activity going on, we stay, as long as weather permits.
- Shayne is there to help with cameras, equipment, and all photographic aspects. Nightly review of some images is also available for those who require additional help.
- All of our guests receive a personal phone call to evaluate your photographic experience and needs.
- We want you to come back with the images of a lifetime. Sometimes, this requires patience.
- Some of our tours require you have basic knowledge of your camera. The tours are for people with basic photographic experience. The workshops are for all levels of photography.
Please check your ego and your attitude at the gate before take off to tours. You can reclaim your baggage upon returning home, if you wish.